Mint 18.2 no wifi connection

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
W1nterMut3
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 18.2 no wifi connection

Postby W1nterMut3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey, guys

I recently installed Linux Mint 18.2 cinnamon on desktop. I have an internet connection (wired), but i can't get the WiFi to work. I ran lspci-v and i was able to get the enthernet controller, which is an intel 82567-2 Gigabit network connection. I went to intel's website to the get the driver, but it seems like they don't have right driver for Kernel: Linux 4.10.0-38-generic version. I did a little research on 82567V-2, and this thing is almost absolute (My desktop is pretty old). i'm not sure what to do to next. Do any of you have any suggestion or ideas?

kc1di
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint 18.2 no wifi connection

Postby kc1di » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:17 am

Hello W1nterMut3 and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,

First we need to know a little more about your system to be of much help. Please run this command in a terminal and post the output here:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz

Return to “Newbie Questions”