Issues when plugging in HDMI and watching a movie

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
warwick555

Issues when plugging in HDMI and watching a movie

Post by warwick555 »

hi, so im relatively new to linux, i installed mint 18.2 with my default desktop being cinnamon (which is my primary desktop as well), i also have KDE to play around with.

my question is when i play a movie it plays fine on my laptop, but when i plug in my HDMI cable to the tv, the movie thats displayed on the tv plays in almost stop action and gets pixelated on and off and more stop action. and like i said earlier, it does play fine on my laptop. i dont know if thats a refresh rate issue which ive been reading about, or if its something else. i cant seem to find my exact problem.
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”