Slow WIFI connection in Linux Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ObiKenobiXD

Slow WIFI connection in Linux Mint

Post by ObiKenobiXD »

Hi, I recently installed Linux Mint in my desktop pc. I have a tp-link wifi adapter TL-WN8200ND.
I have dual Boot with windows 10, In windows internet works fine, but in mint works too slow.
I think it is some kind of problem with the modem because I tried connecting to my smartphone shared internet and It works fine!.

Any help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Slow WIFI connection in Linux Mint

Post by JoeFootball »

ObiKenobiXD wrote:I think it is some kind of problem with the modem because I tried connecting to my smartphone shared internet and It works fine!
Did you try setting your router to a different channel? More information in this article from the Easy Linux Tips Project.

Joe
ObiKenobiXD

Post by ObiKenobiXD »

JoeFootball wrote:
ObiKenobiXD wrote:I think it is some kind of problem with the modem because I tried connecting to my smartphone shared internet and It works fine!
Did you try setting your router to a different channel? More information in this article from the Easy Linux Tips Project.

Joe
Hi! thanks for your answer, unfortunately, the internet provider blocks any change I could make over the router.

Juan
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Hi! thanks for your answer, unfortunately, the internet provider blocks any change I could make over the router.
You don't have physical access to the router?
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

ObiKenobiXD wrote:... the internet provider blocks any change I could make over the router.
I would verify that. It would think it to be unusual for an ISP to block changes to the channel over which the router transmits its wireless signal.

Joe
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

I thought he was talking about AP isolation of wireless users and the router not allowing setting changes by wifi users connected to it, meaning he needs physical access.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

Return to “Beginner Questions”