Shutdown on installation

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brandos1192

Shutdown on installation

Post by Brandos1192 »

I’m trying to download mint 18.2 onto a Acer Aspire E15 but as soon as I clicked install it completely shutdown my laptop and it couldn’t be turned back on for a few minutes. After a second attempt, while trying to get to the boot menu it did the same thing.

I looked through the forums to see if anyone had had similar problems but couldn’t find anything. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows anything I can try.

Thanks alot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Shutdown on installation

Post by Pierre »

it's most likely to be an Video Issue,
but, to help work that out,, from that Live Environment's Terminal:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
and copy the result, back, with your next reply.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Beginner Questions”