How to connect to the internet using Mobile broadband using Prolink PHS 300

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
mirsuma
Level 1
Level 1

How to connect to the internet using Mobile broadband using Prolink PHS 300

Post by mirsuma » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am

TO all master i dont have any internet connection right now using my linux mint operating system it's because my modem can't connect to internet using my Prolink phs 300. i live in indnesia and im using xl axis as my internet provider, the modem and internet provider work find in windows but not in linux.
SO for any master help me what to do, i ever hear about wvdial but i dont now how to install and download it. if im using internet i can easyly to download it just by using terminal and type sudo apt-get install wvdial, but i need to download wvdial in other pc and use usb drive to help me install it. what and where shuld i to download it and what commant shuld i use to install it

administrollaattori
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How to connect to intrnet using Mobile brodband using Prolink PHS 300

Post by administrollaattori » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Probably it works via NetworkManager, but if NetworkManager does not recognize the dongle. Open Terminal and run the next commands.

Code: Select all

lsusb

eject /dev/sr0

eject /dev/sr1

eject /dev/sr2
When the right command finds, lsusb output should be changed within 30 seconds and NetworkManager should see the dongle.

mirsuma
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mirsuma » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:55 pm

im trying to use your sugestion y typig lsusb and then eject /dev/sr0 to sr10,and get more badly thing i cant copy file to my usb flashdisk, so i decide to reinstall it first because im so despert,
could any one help me by share a link to download wvdial on linuxmint, im planing to using it, because i use to be ubuntu user and using the wvdial to download it having a year so i cant find a link any more, Pls Share me a new wvdial download link with all it depentdency. that i can easy to install just by typing sudo dpkg -i *.deb. pls

mirsuma
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mirsuma » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 am

i still cant connect to internet,
my case detail i can see the network manger on left side of the task bar. and the mobile broad band showing my internet provider signal and name
i try to create te network connection and compleate the task by default and all work correct ly.
the problem is i double clik the connection that i have created, for the example im create the AXIST Deafault 1 and im clik it it showing the network manager on left change to shape to signall and for about 3-5 second it showing your now offline or disconect , i just cant get to internet jus help me, Give me wvdial link to dl complate with dependensi file
sory for my poor english

michael louwe
Level 9
Level 9

Post by michael louwe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 am

@ mirsuma, .......
mirsuma wrote:...
Try this download link ... https://community.linuxmint.com/software/view/wvdial

Return to “Newbie Questions”