Blu tooth issue

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
ICIT2
Level 3
Level 3

Blu tooth issue

Postby ICIT2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 am

Am runnign Minf Cinnamon 18.3 and cannot get the machine to pair with my Blu tooth mouse. I know it works with this machine when I had Windows on it so why not Linux it is listed with other stuff see pic.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-12-08 19-27-35.png
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it limits - Einstein

ICIT2
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Blu tooth issue

Postby ICIT2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:04 am

Has anyone got any ideas on why my Blu tooth mouse is not being picked up. I am running 18.3 Mint and have installed both of the Blu tooth softwares the proximity manager and the straight Blu tooth devices but am having no luck in getting my mouse to be picked up and paired.

Now I know this machine works withw Blu tooth mouse because it worked well in Windows when I was running it and before I came over to Linux so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it limits - Einstein

AndyMH
Level 3
Level 3

Postby AndyMH » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:02 am

Try installing blueman from the repositories, I had problems with the bluetooth manager installed by default in mint (wouldn't connect to my wireless headset), worked fine with blueman.

administrollaattori
Level 12
Level 12

Postby administrollaattori » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Blueberry is buggy, so remove it and install Blueman

Code: Select all

apt remove blueberry
apt install blueman

http://puolanka.info/goto/bluetooth-settings/

Seadreamer
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Seadreamer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Your computer will receive any bluetooth signal in its vicinity. It will only pair with a device in discovery mode. Is there a setting on your mouse to put it in discovery mode? You usually only need to do it the first time.
It's good to get out of your mothers basement occasionally.

Return to “Newbie Questions”