Blu tooth issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ICIT2

Blu tooth issue

Post by ICIT2 »

Am runnign Minf Cinnamon 18.3 and cannot get the machine to pair with my Blu tooth mouse. I know it works with this machine when I had Windows on it so why not Linux it is listed with other stuff see pic.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ICIT2

Re: Blu tooth issue

Post by ICIT2 »

Has anyone got any ideas on why my Blu tooth mouse is not being picked up. I am running 18.3 Mint and have installed both of the Blu tooth softwares the proximity manager and the straight Blu tooth devices but am having no luck in getting my mouse to be picked up and paired.

Now I know this machine works withw Blu tooth mouse because it worked well in Windows when I was running it and before I came over to Linux so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Try installing blueman from the repositories, I had problems with the bluetooth manager installed by default in mint (wouldn't connect to my wireless headset), worked fine with blueman.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Blueberry is buggy, so remove it and install Blueman

Code: Select all

apt remove blueberry
apt install blueman
http://puolanka.info/goto/bluetooth-settings/
Seadreamer
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Seadreamer »

Your computer will receive any bluetooth signal in its vicinity. It will only pair with a device in discovery mode. Is there a setting on your mouse to put it in discovery mode? You usually only need to do it the first time.
Homebrew Intel i7/13700 64gb RAM
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon
Win 10 for games

Return to “Beginner Questions”