Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, long time to shut down (90 s)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hbartolin

Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, long time to shut down (90 s)

Post by hbartolin »

Mint 18.3, 64 bit
Cinnamon 3.6.6

Is takes 90 sec when I go from user screen Menu -> Quit -> Shut Down. When I go from user screen Menu -> Logout -> Log Out it takes 1.5 sec and then Quit... -> Quit... -> Shut Down it takes 3 sec, witch is 4.5 sec in total. Why is so different in time, 90 sec vs. 4.5 sec?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jeremy Mendes

Re: Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, long time to shut down (90 s)

Post by Jeremy Mendes »

Welcome to Linux.I haven't been here that long but can assure you that you are going to be a little busier here maintaining your operating system.Search this,on-line,and see if any solutions are listed(in blue) that pertain to your issue:"Solutions for 22 bug fixes in Ubuntu 16.04 and Linux Mint 18.3".

If you like,you can enter this command into your "terminal" window to get detailed info regarding your system and hardware along with any errors present:
inxi -F && demsg | grep -i error

This info can be copied/pasted into the thread,if you so choose.Don't try to "screenshot" it in.That won't work. You can stretch the terminal window out vertically from top to bottom of your screen,too.

ACPI errors and gnome-keyring-daemon issues don't appear to have any viable fixes.The only fixes I've ever come across are re-installing operating system and starting again. Not very practical,if you ask me,but these issues are something Linux users have to accept.I'm still liking it,though.

Return to “Beginner Questions”