<SOLVED> How can i install Photoshop on Linux Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrmajik45

Re: How can i install Photoshop on Linux Mint

Post by mrmajik45 »

Try WINE. go to your software manager and search for wine. It's a windows emulator.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

mrmajik45 wrote:Try WINE.
I believe you did not read the thread.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "TheDesigner",

Those are enough resources to install and use Virtualbox, install MS Windows in that, then install any MS Windows applications in that like 'PhotoShop".

But 4gb of system memory (ram) is not much, I would highly recommend adding more system memory "ram" which is relatively low-cost nowadays, the more the better. You can adjust VB settings for MS Windows to use as much memory that is available and video memory as well. Obviously, the more powerful the computer hardware the faster and better everything will work.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Doug B
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Doug B »

Pepi wrote:That Pixeluvo looks pretty impressive :shock: I just cannot bond with GiMP. I've tried and tried and I just don't like it :oops:
You might want to install the free KRITA program:

https://krita.org/en/
TheDesigner

Post by TheDesigner »

yeah from what i see it's good, thank you Doug B
Doug B
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Doug B »

TheDesigner wrote:yeah from what i see it's good, thank you Doug B
Great-hope it works out well for you. Good luck! :-)
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Using Wine, I've been able to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 5, which is an old version from many years ago. Glad that I kept it all these years.

I too can't seem to bond with Gimp.
TheDesigner

Post by TheDesigner »

Guys, when i design something using a Photoshop CS6 in VirtualBox, how can i share files between my system (Mint 18.3) and the windows in VirtualBox ad vice versa?
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

In Virtualbox, there is a section in settings where you can setup shared folder(s).
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Well there is a mspaint like app on linux on your software manager search for Pinta
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "TheDesigner",

There are a couple ways (or more) to accomplish this task of copying or moving files and folders from within the VB MS Windows (guest) and your Linux Mint (host) system.

I do not currently have VB installed, but from memory, there are these options:

1.) There is a setting in Virtualbox (vb) to share the clipboard, just copy and paste, might be a default.

2.) You can setup a shared folder in your Linux Mint where anything copied or moved into that is seen by both the VB and Linux.

How to share folders between guest and host in VirtualBox
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/ho ... irtualbox/

Guest Additions - shared folders
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04. ... redfolders

How to Share Your Computer’s Files With a Virtual Machine, July 21st, 2017
https://www.howtogeek.com/189974/how-to ... l-machine/

Hope this helps ...
Last edited by phd21 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
TheDesigner

Post by TheDesigner »

i've a good feeling that its going to work, i'm downloading Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate for now, thank you very much guys, Thank you phd21, you always were helpful to me and i can't forget that, thank you JerryF and memajik45, wish you all the best from me.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

TheDesigner wrote:i've a good feeling that its going to work, i'm downloading Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate for now, thank you very much guys, Thank you phd21, you always were helpful to me and i can't forget that, thank you JerryF and memajik45, wish you all the best from me.
try reactos it's supposed to be a light version of windows reactos.org
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

mrmajik45 wrote:try reactos it's supposed to be a light version of windows reactos.org
I have ReactOS installed in VirtualBox. Some things run just fine, and other things not at all. I hear it runs MS Office 2010 version, or some recent version, anyway. Might be worth a try, but don't get your hopes up too much.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
mrmajik45

Re: <SOLVED> How can i install Photoshop on Linux Mint

Post by mrmajik45 »

jimallyn Great quote BTW the Steal your cars

Return to “Beginner Questions”