Mint 17 - bluetooth, boot, charging

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
quantiqus

Mint 17 - bluetooth, boot, charging

Post by quantiqus »

Hello,

Laptop specifications
1.png
So, I've installed Linux Mint a while ago this year. 17.1, because I had different problems with the newer version. Or with other distros (Lubuntu, for example). They didn't boot or other problems. I guess it's a Toshiba hardware problem, from what I've read.

Problems:
- it does not boot properly - it takes a while to boot, 10 minutes. After the "resuming from dev/disk" message, it appears the mint logo and then it is stucked for almost 10 minutes in the blank black screen. I remember trying different solutions from forums and sites and it didn't work.

- my laptop doesn't charge properly anymore, sometimes. Even if it is connected to the cable, sometimes it uses all the battery until it shuts down/hibernates. The battery is not that old, I replaced it a year and a half ago. Also, I don't believe it is the cable, because it functions most of the time. On Windows, I don't remember having this problem.
Sometimes, before shutting itself, it shows me that the battery is dropping and sometimes not. Weird! I found out that if I remove the cable for short periods of time (until 70-80% battery) and then reconnect it works fine.

- bluetooth - it worked fine (I use it for a speaker) until the laptop shutted down once. After, it just didn't work at all. I tried different solutions (blueman, terminal etc) until I crashed the system. Newbie, I know. Someone told me that there is a problem with the bluetooth on linux, because of the wi-fi interference. I don't se how, though. Now, if I want to connect to blueooth, I must always type the "pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover" command, after opening the laptop.

Any ideas? Somebody had the same experience?

From what I've seen, Toshiba laptops are not that compatible with Linux.

Mention: Mint is the only installed system, I gave up on Windows.

Thanks,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
quantiqus

Re: Mint 17 - bluetooth, boot, charging

Post by quantiqus »

Okaaaay!

Return to “Beginner Questions”