DJIA on desktop

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BoDill
Level 5
Level 5

DJIA on desktop

Post by BoDill »

My desktop is covered with icons that give me direct access to other things, so this question is NOT about an icon. What I want is a little box (or something) with the Dow Jones listing that I would see if I logged onto a DJIA site (like the one from YAHOO), but without all the printouts, etc, etc. For instance, today the "Dow" sits at around 24,650 and I would like to be able to see that number, constantly updated, on my desktop without having to log into a website. Is this possible?

Thank you, BoDill
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Desktop: OptiPlex-790 ; Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia Mate (Renew 2027)
Laptop: Dell Latitude E6420; Linux Mint 20.3 Una Mate (Renew April 2025)
Laptop 2: HP ProBook 440 G3, Linux Mint 20.3 Una Mate (Renew April 2025)

Return to “Beginner Questions”