Unable to find Location Services

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
werewolf_65
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to find Location Services

Post by werewolf_65 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia(64 bit). I couldn't find the location settings or any terminal command to turn on/off the location services. Also, 'Turn on location services' button didn't work on Gnome-Maps.
So,I hope there is a way.
Thanks in advance.

saskatchewan
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Unable to find Location Services

Post by saskatchewan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:18 pm

I have the same question. Did you ever find an answer?

Rtep
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Rtep » Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 am

Same situation here, same Linux. Installed services from both links above, but Location Services button is still doing nothing. Thanx for any help in advance.

smurphos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by smurphos » Tue May 22, 2018 9:49 am

Try gsettings set org.gnome.system.location enabled true in the terminal if you want Gnome-Maps to be able to detect your current location.

I don't have those services installed and Gnome-Maps can find my rough location (no GPS on this machine so it's using clues from IP address and possibly Wifi networks) - geoclue provides the location service for Gnome-Maps.

Return to “Newbie Questions”