firefox privacy issues

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
kattmatt
Level 1
Level 1

firefox privacy issues

Post by kattmatt »

Hello everyone,
Getting along with mint nicely now but having trouble with Firefox. When I select edit/ preferences I set history to 0 days, not remember forms and search bar and always clear data who I close Firefox. When I go to Private Data/ Settings I set it to delete everything except passwords. The problem is Firefox will not clear saved form and search history no matter how I try, and when I manually select Tools/ Clear Private Data the option to clear saved form and search history is greyed out and I cannot select it. Any ideas welcome
Cheers
Matt
kei84
Level 3
Level 3

Re: firefox privacy issues

Post by kei84 »

If you want privacy I suggest Opera. It`s the one I use. It`s faster than Firefox.

Or you may try Flock. It belongs to Mozilla and most of the firefox plugins works in perfectly in Flock.

Return to “Newbie Questions”