How do i change lockscreens wallpaper?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GBA-Micro

How do i change lockscreens wallpaper?

Post by GBA-Micro »

i know its under system settings and lockscreen, and it lets me change the color, but when i put in a picture, it dont show up, just a solid color. any way to fix this? thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: How do i change lockscreens wallpaper?

Post by Moem »

What exact version of Mint do you have installed? A good answer would include the desktop environment (Cinnamon, Mate....)

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
GBA-Micro

Post by GBA-Micro »

Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon :) its a great OS i just have this tiny problem.
borg101

Post by borg101 »

GBA-Micro wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:22 am i know its under system settings and lockscreen, and it lets me change the color, but when i put in a picture, it dont show up, just a solid color. any way to fix this? thanks!
I have a few questions. First, do you have multiple desktop environments installed? For me, when I changed from Cinnamon, the new DE (Gnome for me) gave me the same problem as you.

Second, do you have "draw user backgrounds" on or off? Anytime I had an issue with my background not rendering correctly, I turn that off and that seems to fix it. Or if it's off, turn it on, then off again.

I'm still learning myself, so I hope I helped a little.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

You'll find this in the 'login' settings, I believe.
Not in anything called 'lockscreen'. I can't find settings under that name.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Some more questions:
Is this a fresh install of Mint 18.3 or is this an upgraded system? If so, what was originally installed?

In which field exactly did you define the picture? (A screenshot might help to clear this up.) You did surely not do this in the lockscreen settings, as Moem already wrote. There does not exist any setting regarding the picture or the color.
borg101

Post by borg101 »

Moem wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 pm You'll find this in the 'login' settings, I believe.
Not in anything called 'lockscreen'. I can't find settings under that name.
Cosmo. wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:23 pm Some more questions:
In which field exactly did you define the picture? (A screenshot might help to clear this up.) You did surely not do this in the lockscreen settings, as Moem already wrote. There does not exist any setting regarding the picture or the color.

In his op he mentions settings found withing the "login" settings, ergo its implied he found the appropriate settings.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

It's implied, but it makes things easier to have it stated it more clearly. If people start searching for 'lockscreen' settings, they won't find them; that's why it's good to make sure we're all using the same terms.

Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

borg101 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:06 pm In his op he mentions settings found withing the "login" settings, ergo its implied he found the appropriate settings.
Where do you read in the starting post the word "login"? I don't find it and my browser, doing a site search, does not find it also.
borg101

Post by borg101 »

Cosmo. wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:10 am
borg101 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:06 pm In his op he mentions settings found withing the "login" settings, ergo its implied he found the appropriate settings.
Where do you read in the starting post the word "login"? I don't find it and my browser, doing a site search, does not find it also.
I meant to put 'lockscreen' in quotes. See, its used very interchangeably.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I am used to it, that newbies mix expressions. If now also helpers interpret words just by guessing something, that has never been written, than we will quickly no longer understand each other. In case, that the OP has mixed the terms, than he is the only person, who can clear this up or at least say, what he means. It is quite obvious, that he has mixed terms, but without his explanation - and interest, which I cannot see - we do not get any further. Note, that the question is dated from 1. January, after that the OP did never come back. I doubt, that he will do.

Return to “Beginner Questions”