Left click and right click choice?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Corrien

Left click and right click choice?

Post by Corrien »

Strange thing happened.
I recently re-installed 18.3for a reason connected to NVIDIA update.Working perfect now, no freezing or any other trouble. Thanks to those who helped me.

But.... When I choose a file in my home directory or download, I left click with my mouse to choose the wanted file, But to open that file I must right click. This was not like that before and is kind of strange for me.
Wherever I looked, I was not able to resolve that problem. Also searching the not and blogs I was not able to find a solution.
Is there anybody who had that same problem or know how to solve this please. I love to hear from you. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Left click and right click choice?

Post by austin.texas »

If you are using the Cinnamon Desktop, with the Nemo file manager, you can adjust that behavior to suit yourself.
Edit menu > Preferences > Behavior
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

What does left double clicking do for you?
Corrien

Post by Corrien »

Cosmo. wrote:What does left double clicking do for you?
Double clicking make no difference.
Corrien

Post by Corrien »

austin.texas wrote:If you are using the Cinnamon Desktop, with the Nemo file manager, you can adjust that behavior to suit yourself.
Edit menu > Preferences > Behavior
Thanks for respnding
There is a sort of change now, it is functioning with left click. But I must 2 times double click and the file will open. Maybe I don understand the Nemo deal not completely.
Superannuated
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Superannuated »

Have you got the double click speed set to match your actual clicking speed?
Corrien

Post by Corrien »

Superannuated wrote:Have you got the double click speed set to match your actual clicking speed?
Thanks for answering me.
Set the double speed click? I don know were to adjust that. It is still not working. Also I still have to right click anyway, I thought something changed but apparently not.
Still waiting for a solution. Hoping some person is able to direct me
Superannuated
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Superannuated »

As austin.texas said you can choose to open/select a folder or file with 1-click or a double-click from the settings/preferences of the file manager. For Xfce at least, you modify the double-click speed of the mouse from the mouse settings manager. (Sorry, I don't know the exact terms for Cinnamon because I run Mate and Xfce.) You can also make the mouse left or right handed.
sueede
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sueede »

Cinnamon
Menu-> Preferences-> Mouse and Touchpad
Corrien

Re: Left click and right click choice? Problem Solved Thanks

Post by Corrien »

sueede wrote:Cinnamon
Menu-> Preferences-> Mouse and Touchpad