[SOLVED] X Server failed after big Update

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
merc1973

[SOLVED] X Server failed after big Update

Post by merc1973 »

My X server failed. I INstalled all updates (Mint 17.x) (including nvidia), today without even looking through them since I was rushing here at work. I rebooted normally, now X Server will not start. Any Advice? I think I have Bumble Bee installed on this Dell Laptop, could this be a problem?

I doubt you want to see 20+ pictures of my Xorg file from my phone....lol

Am I screwed? Should I just install Mint 18.3????

ETA:

The newbie in me freaked out. Sorry. I just figured out how to reboot in the previous kernel 3.13. All is well now. Great forum here!!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”