Update Manager update roll-back

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Prsman
Level 4
Level 4

Update Manager update roll-back

Post by Prsman »

On the 17th I updated the suggestions in update manager. Items were this: libc-bin and libc6 2.23-0ubuntu9 to version 2.23-0ubuntu10.
I now get seg faults in libc-2.23.SO. I would like to roll back to the earlier version. Synaptic does not give me the version I want with force Version.
It gives me version 0ubuntu3. Could I force it with this:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libc-bin=libc-bin-2.23-0ubuntu9
I guess I could do a dry run first to see if it will work. Any thoughts? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Update Manager update roll-back

Post by Termy »

Have a look at the dpkg command, on which most (if not all) of the apt-* tools are based. I think it has the ability to roll back to the previous version. Check man apt-get too, in-case that also has such a feature.
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.

Return to “Beginner Questions”