mint 18.3 time of day changes?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Like2fly
Level 1
Level 1

mint 18.3 time of day changes?

Post by Like2fly » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm

System: Dell XPS all-in-one. NOT dual booting (replaced Vista OS :D ).
Installed with minor difficulties, but fixed issues. Everything runs great, fast, stable. All devices functioning.
After reading posts, and following instructions on "timedatectl" and resetting bios time. Verifying time zone and UTC=0 and RTC=1;
System clock still jumps ahead 1 hour. And after reboot, bios time moved ahead 1hr too. I even tried fooling it, but it seems 18.3 reverts to 1hr ahead.
Can someone point me in a direction on where else to look online? I know it's still new so there might not be much out there yet.

THX

gld59
Level 2
Level 2

Re: mint 18.3 time of day changes?

Post by gld59 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:06 am

Mint should simply default to having the RTC hold the UTC time, with the operating system applying an offset according to your time zone. (I know you said you're not dual-booting, but this is the only sensible way for things to work if dual-booting exists.) How are you trying to set it up?

Return to “Newbie Questions”