Followed a tutorial and still failed

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Rearden
Level 1
Level 1

Followed a tutorial and still failed

Post by Rearden » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:56 pm

I've been trying to get Origin to run on mint.
I followed this tutorial https://www.pcsteps.com/5110-install-or ... untu-wine/ as well as an ubuntu tutorial on youtube and I still fail.
Am I just out of luck? Any suggestions?

Moem
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Followed a tutorial and still failed

Post by Moem » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:32 pm

How did you fail? What exactly seems to have gone wrong, or where did you get stuck?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

pbear
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Followed a tutorial and still failed

Post by pbear » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 pm

As Moem says, it's not possible to help without a lot more information. I will mention, though, that the linked tutorial is a bit out of date, as the current stable branch of Wine is 3.0. When possible, you want to stay in the stable branch. Also, it's crucial you not try to overwrite the installation. So, figure out what went wrong, purge the old install, and only then try again.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Running Mate 18.3 64 bit (by upgrade from 18.1-2)

Return to “Newbie Questions”