Restore (XFCE 32bit)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
see3ducks
Level 4
Level 4

Restore (XFCE 32bit)

Post by see3ducks »

Well, I went and did it I guess. I was on 17.3 and doing regular backups. I got the bright idea of going to 18.1 and then letting it update to 18.3. I just figured I could restore my mp3 etc files. I guess the bottom line is that I must not know what I'm doing.

I plugged in my USB drive and clicked restore - picked the source etc. It keeps having me "open" what I want etc. The bottom line is that I don't seem to know how to restore a directory.

Also...
I tried restoring the software selections and a window came up saying:

error in apt daemon
Details:
org.debian.apt: fonts-droid
<small> Could not locate the
package.<. isn't a valid name.

Now what? H E L P
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The value of your knowledge is determined by your ability and willingness to share it with others.
mrjimphelps

Re: Restore (XFCE 32bit)

Post by mrjimphelps »

If you are trying to restore files, you should be able to copy them from the backup image to the appropriate folders on your hard drive.

I believe you can mount your backup image as a drive, which should then allow you to copy files from it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”