Spotty Internet after Installing OpenVPN

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
curly_78
Level 1
Level 1

Spotty Internet after Installing OpenVPN

Post by curly_78 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi, I'm not new to Linux Mint but having trouble with connectivity and it is beyond my comprehension. I installed OpenVPN and was having slower speeds/connectivity issues so I removed it. By doing so my proxy configuration was altered and the internet speed has been running much slower than usual. I have spent hours trying to fix the problem. Thankfully, right now the internet speed is suitable enough to write this post. When I looked at my proxy settings in Chrome, this is the message I got:

When running Google Chrome under a supported desktop environment, the system proxy settings will be used. However, either your system is not supported or there was a problem launching your system configuration.

But you can still configure via the command line. Please see man google-chrome-beta for more information on flags and environment variables.[/color]

Basically, I just want to return my computer back to it's original state before I installed the vpn. I would like to fix this connectivity issue and put the vpn back on. I just want to do it properly without any more problems. I am thoroughly lost and am hoping someone can help me.

Return to “Newbie Questions”