Mint on VMWare: Installation recommendations from experts here

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
oralover2006
Level 1
Level 1

Mint on VMWare: Installation recommendations from experts here

Post by oralover2006 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 am

hi all,
I have installed Mint 18.3 64 bit on my laptop pc which has 16GB RAM and i have allocated 4GB RAM , 20GB HDD space, 2 processors with 2 cores each, 3D accelerator checked, it is working fine, installed JDK 8u101, Oracle 11g XE Rel.2 and Oracle SQL Developer to have an Oracle Apex development environment.
Just want to know about the expert's recommendations, are these enough or i have to consider more/less or something else i missed or don't know about ? especially when i want to install Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 2.
and also if i have checked / selected Third Party software/utilities to install at the time of Mint installation, is it right choice at this time or i can install all of them (thru software updater) after first boot and installation of VMWare Tools ?

regards
Ahmed

Return to “Newbie Questions”