Change the resolution of the welcome screen.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
username100
Level 1
Level 1

Change the resolution of the welcome screen.

Post by username100 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:07 am

Hello.
When I boot Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia cinnamon (32 bit), the maximum resolution is displayed - 1680x1050 (16:10). Because of this, the image is slightly offset to the left. After logging in, the resolution is set to the same, but there i can change it in settings that do not affect the "Logon Window" in any way. In the settings of the "Login Windows" settings (Administration/Logon Window), it is not possible to configure the required resolution.

How can I change resolution the logon windows?

Refine it - I need to change the permission of the "Login Window" (where you need to enter the password), since after entering the system itself, the resolution can be changed with the "Hardware/Display", which does not affect the "Logon Window".

I apologize for possible mistakes, as I translated it via Google translator. But, I hope you understood the essence.

Return to “Newbie Questions”