Interactive governor not found

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nikkky

Interactive governor not found

Post by nikkky »

How can I activate this governor? When I run "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors" I get only: "conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance".
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
prestonR

Re: Interactive governor not found

Post by prestonR »

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ncy#155789

Have a look at that, should give you an idea how this works. Initially, it used to be as simple as installing cpufrequtils to get an icon on your taskbar that lets you chose. However, this seems not to work anymore, the new patched kernels do need some other packages installed to make this work again. If you run:

Code: Select all

cpupower frequency-set --governor userspace

It will tell you which other packages you'll need to install to get it to work again.

I recon the best option might be to wait until that Spectre/Meltdown issue is sorted properly. Basically, they are trying to restrict access to the cpu whilst you are trying to gain access ...

Return to “Beginner Questions”