How do I run phpmyadmin in localhost?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nikk_nitin

How do I run phpmyadmin in localhost?

Post by nikk_nitin »

I switched from windows recently. I used XAMPP in windows to run phpMyAdmin in localhost. But when I installed it in my Linux Mint 18.3 and typed localhost in firefox, all I could see was Apache's home page and not XAMPP's Dashboard, though the control panel displayed MySQL active.
I then uninstalled XAMPP and found an alternative AMPPS which again showed the same problem.
I don't know whats wrong.
I only need MySQL and PHPMyAdmin to run.
This is the terminal output when I open AMPPS in terminal.

Code: Select all

Nikk-PC ampps # ./Ampps
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /usr/local/ampps/conf/my.ini
[Ampps::exec] "/usr/local/ampps/apache/bin/httpd-k start" 
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
And this is how localhost looks like
Screenshot from 2018-02-12 15-21-37.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How do I run phpmyadmin in localhost?

Post by BigEasy »

What if you try:
localhost/phpmyadmin/
?
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it
nikk_nitin

Re: How do I run phpmyadmin in localhost?

Post by nikk_nitin »

It'll open up the same apache page. Anyways I reinstalled my system and happily using XAMPP.
Thanks for the help.

Return to “Beginner Questions”