Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia disconnects from TV

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ludoruthmampori

Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia disconnects from TV

Post by ludoruthmampori »

Good day. I am a newbie with linux. I have a problem with my computer and i cant seem to figure it out.

Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia disconnects from TV after every 15 minutes as if its going to sleep but it does'nt wake up at the tap of a key on the keyboard. Only when i force shutdown and switch it on again will it connect for another 15 minutes. I have observed that this only happens when the computer is connected to the TV thru an HDMI but when i use a normal monitor it does'nt disconnect. I have tried updating drivers and at some point it will say its up to date but the Driver Manager keeps on saying it cannot connect but i have internet access. Please help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”