bluetooth headphones, yes. Speakers, nope.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chrisalk11

bluetooth headphones, yes. Speakers, nope.

Post by chrisalk11 »

So, I've hunted high and low through numerous Ubuntu forums for help here. I don't know how to add lines of code to files, but here is the problem. I have a small Asus netbook with an Atom processor. It ran windows, with sound, but it was a dog. I wiped it and installed LM, which I love. No sound. There is a sound card and the system recognizes it. The audio output shows in the sound window, the volume sliders move up and down, even VLC plays audio. I saw the bluetooth was on so I paired headphones, which showed up in the Sound window and played everything. The speakers and regular headphones don't show up in the sound settings window. It's maddening, since everything else runs so perfectly.
Here's what I've tried. Through the command window I've sudo updated and upgraded the system. I've installed/purged/removed alsamixer and pulseaudio. I've rebooted, shut the screen off then on, and still nothing.
It's as if the speakers don't exist to the system. The last thing I ever want to do is reinstall windows. For me, a windows pc is only good for me to play Warcraft on. Everything else I use a chromebook, and I want to use this little Asus for when I go out of the house, it's a little 11" pc and as I've said, LM just rocks on it. Any help would be appreciated. My head hurts from banging it against the wall out of frustration.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”