Audio Issues

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chrisalk11

Audio Issues

Post by chrisalk11 »

I recently installed LM on an Asus netbook. Before I wiped the drive it was new out of the box running Win 10 home and everything worked fine, albeit slowly. Sound was fine as well.
Now with LM i get sound out of bluetooth headphones but not the speakers or plug-in headphones. The speakers don't show up in the System Settings/Sound window, but the bluetooth headphones do. I tried installing alsamixer and pulseaudio through the terminal window, then uninstalling them, purging them and re-installing them. Still nothing. Other than the audio issue everything else works perfectly on this installation. Please, any help would be appreciated. Also, I would need help adding code to an existing file. It's really as if the OS just doesn't see the speakers.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Audio Issues

Post by catweazel »

chrisalk11 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:05 pm Now with LM i get sound out of bluetooth headphones but not the speakers or plug-in headphones.
Try installing pavucontrol and use it to set the correct output device.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
chrisalk11

Re: Audio Issues

Post by chrisalk11 »

Already have Pulseaudio, still only shows this as the output device: Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audio Analog Stereo. Now I got bluetooth audio to work for both headphones and external speaker by installing Blueman Bluetooth Manager and uninstalling the stock bluetooth radio. So I feel that I'm sort of on the right track, but still just taking shots in the dark.

Return to “Beginner Questions”