Can not install my Epson WP-4530 inkjet printer

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WPV

Can not install my Epson WP-4530 inkjet printer

Post by WPV »

I recently installed Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon on a Mac-mini. The Linux install has given my old Mac-mini new life and I am very happy with the new performance injection Linux Mint has provided. My problem is I can not install my first printer (an Epson WP-4530 inkjet printer). The printer install process seem to flow as expected all the way down to a window which says: Installing driver epson-inkjet-printer-201113w. Installing.... It then continues as if it were installing while the progress bar does not show any progress. It just sits there. I have tried this several times with the same result. I am hoping some helping hand can steer me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide. WPV
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Can not install my Epson WP-4530 inkjet printer

Post by catweazel »

WPV wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:02 pm Installing driver epson-inkjet-printer-201113w.
You have the right driver. What package did you download and how did you try to install it?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
WPV

Post by WPV »

OK. This is how I went about installing the Epson WP-4530:
Clicked the "Menu" button on the desktop, selected "Administration" then clicked on "Printers"; the "printers - localhost" window shows up, I click on the "Add" button
and the "New Printer" window opens up. On the devices list , my Epson WP-4530 printer shows up. I click on the Epson WP-4530 printer and then on the "Forward" button.
A small "Searching for Drivers" window momentarily appears. The "New Printer" window now prompts me to select one of the Downloadable Drivers, I click on
the epson-201113w driver. I then select the "Yes, I accept this license" circle at the bottom of the window and click on the "Forward" button. A small window appears which reads "Installing driver epson-inkjet-printer-201113w" "Installing..." The progress bar on the window shows no progress!!. Nothing else happens. It just sits there.
Lord Boltar
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lord Boltar »

IF your problem has been solved, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members

The only way for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing

Return to “Beginner Questions”