Forgotten email password

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
McDuff

Forgotten email password

Post by McDuff »

I'm running Mint 13 on an old laptop. I need to make alterations to my email accounts but I've forgotten/mislaid the passwords. Is there a way to retrieve this info please? I think that I've been told a "Show password" function but can't remember how to do it. I know what my main admin password is as I obviously have to use this to get updates etc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Forgotten email password

Post by Moem »

Which software are we talking about?
Alternatively, can you ask your email provider?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

McDuff wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 am I know what my main admin password is as I obviously have to use this to get updates etc.
How that? Mint 13 doesn't get updates since nearly 1 year. Urgent time to upgrade the system, which has more security holes as you can count.

Besides that I think, that only the mail provider can help.
Bolle1961
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Bolle1961 »

If you're lucky your mail password is in the password manager of your browser or mail client

Return to “Beginner Questions”