[Solved]'Mobile broadband', Huawei E220, EE prepaid sim

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pastcal
Level 3
Level 3

[Solved]'Mobile broadband', Huawei E220, EE prepaid sim

Post by Pastcal »

After extensive searching I'm still unable to find instructions for enabling mobile broadband using my E220. So far I've added a Mobile Broadband connection in 'Network Connections' but mobile broadband is still shown as 'not enabled' in the network popup from the right of the task bar.

I'm not sure I have the correct settings in the Mobile Broadband connection. I've enabled 'All users may connect to this network'; 'number' is set to '*99#'; 'APN' is set to 'everywhere', otherwise everything is at default settings.

Can someone direct my eyeballs to a source of accurate advice please. Thanks.

System information: LM 17.3 32 bit Xfce version.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: 'Mobile broadband', Huawei E220, EE prepaid sim

Post by Pierre »

'APN' is set to 'everywhere', - - :?:

would have thought that the APN should be set to whatever will specify who your ISP actually is . . .
- used to use a E3131 from a particular reseller of an local Telco company,,
but usually had to set that APN to the reseller's APN rather than using the Telco's APN

these days, I'm still using the same reseller of that same Telco, but now using a WiFi dongle, instead.
8)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Pastcal
Level 3
Level 3

Re: 'Mobile broadband', Huawei E220, EE prepaid sim

Post by Pastcal »

The sim is from UK mobile network 'EverythingEverywhere', also called EE, who have the APN information of 'everywhere' on their web site, but you are right of course, it does seem misleading.
Pastcal
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [Solved]'Mobile broadband', Huawei E220, EE prepaid sim

Post by Pastcal »

As you were. I had the wrong type of sim. I got the correct type and it worked straight away.

Return to “Beginner Questions”