New to Linux Please help

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Sir Charles
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New to Linux Please help

Post by Sir Charles » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:09 pm

kc1di wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:03 pm
if it was installed via syanptic it should be able to be fixed via syanptic or terminal but it won't allow it to be purged or installed completely so it may be a broken package.
That's what I thought, since it is in the repo. Quite odd :?

Edit: this sudo dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq --remove <package_name here> is what I found here https://askubuntu.com/questions/490671/ ... ed-package.
Can that be useful in this case?
I suppose that's one of the ironies of life, doing the wrong thing at the right moment -C.C.

jackryan78
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jackryan78 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Thank you all for all your help and input, I emailed Redmine for support so I will just have to hang tight.

norm.h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by norm.h » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 am

Firstly, condolences regarding losing your mate.

A month or so ago, I had an issue which involved "sub process" errors
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=261295#p1411753 is the topic where it was discussed and solved.

Now the only similarity between our two issues is the sub-process error, and I could well be way off the mark here, but as can be seen, I tried many of the possible solutions suggested here, without success.
The eventual outcome was removing / reinstalling certain files [again, as can be seen in the thread].

I'm not able to do more than hope that my solution might point those more knowledgeable than me to a solution for you.
Fingers crossed...............

jackryan78
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jackryan78 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you all again for your help and kind words. So Im reaching out if anyone knows where else to look for help, I called a couple of local computer repair places and seems like none of them work with Linux. Any other suggestions? Thank you all again.

This is the answer I got back from Redmine support team:

Hello Jack,

sorry to hear about your friend. I would love to help myself, but I assume we're not talking about Easy Redmine here, right? Usually I can forward people to our Support team, but they're not really able to help with vanilla Redmine problems, as we've developed a different software - built on top of the vanilla Redmine.

My apologies for not being able to help here. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you ever decide to upgrade the current environment, though.

Best regards,

Lukas Hubka
Sales Consultant
-----------------------
Last edited by Moem on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed someone's telephone number

Lord Boltar
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lord Boltar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:07 pm

sudo apt-get purge redmine*

sudo apt-get autoclean
IF your problem has been solved, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members

The only way for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing

Return to “Newbie Questions”