Linux Mint CSGO slow input

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wibus

Linux Mint CSGO slow input

Post by wibus »

hello, I wonder if someone know what I could do about this:
in csgo, I can't "spam shoot" with my left mouse button, it's like a constant small delay between how often I can press mouse 1, and also before it registers that I pressed mouse 1.
this worked fine in windows 10 with same keyboard and mouse so I'm guessing it's related to linux.

I found this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/i ... t-x64.html
but it's 3 years old and when I tried to find drivers, it said it's not working with newer versions of linux mint.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphics card, I also checked that I have raw mouseinput enabled in csgo.
I have full screen and disable most effects.

thank you if anyone could direct me to a solution :)

Found fix!:
Linux Mint settings > Mouse > Don't emulate middle mouse by clicking left+right click
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Linux Mint CSGO slow input

Post by Joe2Shoe »

Try uninstalling then reinstalling the keyboard drivers.
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
wibus

Post by wibus »

Joe2Shoe wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:33 pm Try uninstalling then reinstalling the keyboard drivers.
hi but the issue is mouse related
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Joe2Shoe »

Ooops. I meant mouse.
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
wibus

Post by wibus »

Joe2Shoe wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:07 pm Ooops. I meant mouse.

hi, sorry but I'm very new to linux and I can't seem to find something about this.
driver manager only shows intel-microcode for my processor,
nowhere can I find something related to mouse drivers, could you direct me to where I could find this?
also I did not initially install any drivers manually, I only installed linux yesterday
thank you
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

Do you have compositing enabled? It can lag things like that. Especially if you're using something like vsync, and that'd be incredibly noticeable with a twitch-shooter like CSGO. By the way, as you're into that stuff, you might want to look up the lowlatency kernel range. :wink:

Welcome to the Linux community, by the way. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
wibus

Post by wibus »

Termy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:11 pm Do you have compositing enabled? It can lag things like that. Especially if you're using something like vsync, and that'd be incredibly noticeable with a twitch-shooter like CSGO. By the way, as you're into that stuff, you might want to look up the lowlatency kernel range. :wink:

Welcome to the Linux community, by the way. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)
Thank you for your reply,
I was actually able to fix this simply by going into the Linux Mint settings > Mouse > Don't emulate middle mouse by clicking left+right click
This fixed it!
I will check the rest of the things you wrote if it is related to performance stuff anyway :D
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

Oh awesome! At least that's sorted. The lowlatency thing doesn't improve performance, exactly, but it lowers the latency of input and audio devices, which could be useful if you're hardcore into CSGO. :lol:
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.

Return to “Beginner Questions”