Newbie question... Wifi?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Jalofox
Level 1
Level 1

Newbie question... Wifi?

Post by Jalofox » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi everyone!
I just installed Linux Mint KDE 64 and here is the issue : I can not connect to my wifi. I activated wifi, I went to 'edit connexions', I added one, I called it with the name which displays everywhere when I ever connected something on it, same on SSID, and then I defined the password, setting WPA/WPA2, and I pressed ok... What did I miss please? I can't connect... I touched nothing in other parameters so I just guess I didn't fill something properly, but I don't know what...

Thank you

cool
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Newbie question... Wifi?

Post by cool » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:09 pm

If you clicked on the wifi icon you didn't see your SSID already listed? Could you paste the output of:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
For the very latest please visit: SpaceEdge

Sir Charles
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sir Charles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:14 pm

In addition to the command above, please run each one of the following commands in a terminal and copy-paste the output you get between code tags: </>

rfkill list all

iwconfig
Thanks!
I suppose that's one of the ironies of life, doing the wrong thing at the right moment -C.C.

Jalofox
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jalofox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Well... Thank you for your answers, I turned it off last night, and today it's OK, I'm connected... I don't know what was the matter but it's all right 😅 thanks for your fast answers!

Return to “Newbie Questions”