Getting the reMarkable tablet app installed from the Mint Software Manager

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
0x636166C3A9
Level 1
Level 1

Getting the reMarkable tablet app installed from the Mint Software Manager

Post by 0x636166C3A9 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Hey Guys,
So, I purchased a reMarkable e-ink tablet. Unfortunately they don't provide an app for Linux. When I was browsing the Software Manager, I discovered that Mint had an app that would handle they synchronisation of my files. Unfortunately the app updated itself and it doesn't work any more. I was wondering if it was a problem on my end or a glitch faced by everyone. I even went to the extent of reinstalling Mint on my backup laptop and it still didn't work. It was working fine when I first discovered it. HELP! I really hate having to boot up my Windows laptop just to transfer files. Just when I thought I had moved away from the world of Windows :evil: , this happened. Some advice on how to get around this is much appreciated.
At the moment I'm configuring Wine to see if it will run the Windows client.
Thank you for taking the time to read. Hoping someone out has a solution for this.

Return to “Newbie Questions”