Duplicate monitors on multi-screen setup without mirroriing all?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mosritemecha

Duplicate monitors on multi-screen setup without mirroriing all?

Post by mosritemecha »

Hey guys, I have a 3 monitor setup (well, two monitors and a TV) and the way I had it set up in Windows was to duplicate my main monitor on the TV (3rd screen) while using 1 and 2 as a multi-monitor desktop. The default setting options in Mint only seem to give me the option of mirroring the display on all 3, or using each as a separate monitor. I thought maybe there's an application out there with more robust display options, but couldn't find anything looking through the software manager - am I missing something or is this just not an option in Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FreedomTruth
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Duplicate monitors on multi-screen setup without mirroriing all?

Post by FreedomTruth »

the terminal program xrandr should do this (I haven't used it with more than 2 monitors so I won't swear to it)
first run xrandr with no arguments to get the output names
then run something like this, adjusting it for your system, xrandr --output HDMI-3 --same-as HDMI-1 --auto

Return to “Beginner Questions”