trouble with keyboard, power button not detected

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bluesrph

trouble with keyboard, power button not detected

Post by bluesrph »

This seems a little strange, and I haven't been able to find anything on google yet. So far everything seems to be working great except the power button. I have an Acer E5-576G laptop if that info is pertinent. On my keyboard the power button seems to not be detected. For example, when the keyboard backlight goes off, the power button does not turn it back on.

Also, I thought it was completely nonfunctional till I messed around with it and realized it would only work if I pressed it rapidly many times (seems to be >5 times)? Never seen anything like it, and it works fine both in windows and when turning on the PC. Anyone have any clue what's going on?

thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”