Changing screen size

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Nahbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Changing screen size

Post by Nahbrown »

Im brand new to linux and have a fresh install using my old 50” panasonic plasma as a monitor. On windows I could customize the screen to fit the tv exactly. The output to the tv needs to be reduced however I cant seem to find how to do this.
jaymot
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Changing screen size

Post by jaymot »

I'm not sure what you mean by "the output to the tv needs to be reduced", but all of the video settings that I know of are located in System Settings/Hardware/Display and Monitor/Displays. You can set the monitor that you want to use for your primary display, set its resolution, and at the bottom there's the wide Scale Display button which lets you make at least some aspects of the KDE desktop bigger or smaller.
Mint 19 Tara Cinnamon, Asus Zenbook UX303UB, 12GiB 1.6GHz DDR3 RAM, 1TiB HD, Intel Skylake & GeForce 940M 2GiB GPUs, Intel Core i7 6500U CPU
Nahbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Nahbrown »

The bottom task bar is off the bottom of the screen. Actually all edges are lost past theedge of the screen.

I went to display but it only offered two resolution settings and niether fixed the issue. I need to be able to be able to customize
the screen size
jsb
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jsb »

Are you using a laptop? If so, I think you need to choose the TV as the monitor in "display".
Nahbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Nahbrown »

No, I am using a mini pc and it is only connected to the TV. The out put in “Display” is Panasoniv Tv. I had the same issue on this tv when I was running windows however there was a settings control to pull the coners of the desktop in to fit the tv.

Return to “Newbie Questions”