Disable IPv6 [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
user12

Disable IPv6 [SOLVED]

Post by user12 »

Hello and greetings all

I just downloaded and installed Mint. While using my VPN I noticed that I had an IPv6 leak, so I went into Firefox about:config and disabled the media peer connection, which fixed the webrtc leak.

However, I would like to shut the IPv6 off at the source. I have seen a couple how to's on the web, but they did not work.

So, can someone please tell me if it is possible and how to shut off IPv6 in this 18.3 version of mint?

Thank you,

User12
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Disable IPv6

Post by kukamuumuka »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=258624#p1396579
When I avoid IPv6 communication by this way:

Code: Select all

gksu xed /etc/sysctl.conf
Add at the bottom the following lines

Code: Select all

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
Activate with sudo sysctl -p
user12

Re: Disable IPv6

Post by user12 »

Those instructions worked perfectly, thank you administrollaattori.

Return to “Beginner Questions”