asus g series laptop wont wake up from suspend

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cwashpimp

asus g series laptop wont wake up from suspend

Post by Cwashpimp »

I have googled and tried most the fixes i can for a laptop that goes to suspend and wont wake up... even tried to prevent suspend no look.... linux mint 18.2 and xfce with a nvidia 1070
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: asus g series laptop wont wake up from suspend

Post by AZgl1800 »

Welcome to the World of ASUS

you have one choice.

In power settings, set everything to NEVER, and Lid close to "DO NOTHING".

I fought that battle and lost the hard way, had to reinstall 18.3 because a Hard Power OFF corrupted the HD.

I have an ASUS TP500L, and several of us lucky are blokes upset with the situation.

Hope that you are familiar with Alt-SysReq R E I S U B,
or Alt-ESC

but that didn't work for me and I had to hold the power button down until the BIOS shut the pc off.
after that, Linux was scrambled.

I just make a point to do a Shutdown at end of day....
if you hit the keyring-daemon and don't like it, don't choose the Power Off feature,
use Terminal shutdown 0 instead.
that will shut things down nicely, and quick. no data losss
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Beginner Questions”