Upgrading PIA [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
kaylux
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading PIA [SOLVED]

Post by kaylux »

I've been prompted to upgrade my Private Internet Access but I'm not sure about the procedure. Does anyone know if I have to un-install the old version before installing the new version?
Last edited by kaylux on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Upgrading PIA

Post by deepakdeshp »

I think it has nothing to do with Mint and the process should have been defined by the service provider.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 20 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Flemur
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Flemur »

kaylux wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:45 pm
I've been prompted to upgrade my Private Internet Access
Prompted by who / what ?
but I'm not sure about the procedure. Does anyone know if I have to un-install the old version before installing the new version?
Is it "pia-manager" (Easily configure your Private Internet Access VPN) ?

("pia" = "movie player for xawtw")
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Post by greerd »

I got that prompt too, a new feature in version 0.75 I think. If you click on the prompt it'll open a web page with instructions and automatically download the new version. Just follow the instructions in the page that opened, and you don't need to uninstall your old version, although I exited my pia app before running the script, just in case.

sammiev
Level 4
Level 4

Post by sammiev »

version 0.79 is the latest here.

kaylux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kaylux »

greerd wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:27 pm
I got that prompt too, a new feature in version 0.75 I think. If you click on the prompt it'll open a web page with instructions and automatically download the new version. Just follow the instructions in the page that opened, and you don't need to uninstall your old version, although I exited my pia app before running the script, just in case.
Thanks greerd - worked perfectly!

Return to “Newbie Questions”