flatpak app taking too long to install

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jemmy7776

flatpak app taking too long to install

Post by jemmy7776 »

As i was trying to install Spotify(Flathub) but its been a while and nothing got installed it shows 'installing additional dependencies' but nothing else. Till now it downloaded 1.4GB(System Monitor is showing) of data but i can't see anything getting installed. Any Solution?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: flatpak app taking too long to install

Post by catweazel »

jemmy7776 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 am Any Solution?
Not with the lack information you've provided. How exactly are you performing the install?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jemmy7776

Post by jemmy7776 »

Software Manager > flatpak > Spotify > Install.
Now it got installed and i’ve installed Steam and Pulse Effects too but none of the above works as expected Pulse Effects don’t even launch, can’t login Spotify and Steam is not showing any games :( moreover it took more than 2GB data to download just 3 apps(my internet speed is not that great). Is there any kind of problem with flatpak apps?
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

jemmy7776 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:35 am it took more than 2GB data to download just 3 apps
I had a flatpak install of avidemux with 800GB of useless nonsense besides the actual installation. So I went with the totally complete windows version which runs great under wine and the install is about 30 times smaller.
(my internet speed is not that great). Is there any kind of problem with flatpak apps?
Flatpak is from the fine folks at "freedesktop.org", so, yes, just like everything else the make there are major problems with it. I uninstalled all the "flatpak" stuff.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

Flemur wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:08 am ...
Flatpak is from the fine folks at "freedesktop.org", so, yes, just like everything else the make there are major problems with it. I uninstalled all the "flatpak" stuff.
It's nice not to be alone: somehow flatpak reminds me of a very well-known fruit company... :roll:
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

absque fenestris wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:51 amIt's nice not to be alone: somehow flatpak reminds me of a very well-known fruit company... :roll:
Personally I think "freedesktop.org" is responsible for most of the problems people have with linux, e.g. most of the issues in this forum, because of their crummy software: "More convoluted than Windows but GUI-free!"
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Beginner Questions”