Do updates of level 1 the most important?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
charroo
Level 4
Level 4

Do updates of level 1 the most important?

Post by charroo »

thanks !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
i'm on Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Do updates of level 1 the most important?

Post by karlchen »

No.
Please, read the chapter about "Update Manager" carefully: Linux Mint 18 User Guide pp. 43-49.
Specifically about the Update Manager levels on p. 46.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

No. Level 1 means the most safe. Updates are given a level indicating how much of an impact they have on the operating system. I suggest to read the help file that comes with the Update Manager.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

In addition to that, what karlchen said:

The meaning of the 5 levels is not their importance, but something quite different. What exactly depends from the version of Mint. So without knowing your Mint version more details cannot be given.

Regardless of the Mint version there is one special thing: Updates for the update manager must always get applied, as soon as they are available. If an update for the update manager is available, it blocks every other updates, as long as this update is not applied.
charroo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by charroo »

now i understand

at least i think so
i'm on Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”