Ryzen 2400G integrated graphics

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
impelus

Ryzen 2400G integrated graphics

Post by impelus »

Hey everyone,

I just built a new PC intended for multi-tasking with lots of web browsers open. Win10 does have the multiple desktops, but I've always liked the linux workspaces better. I also really like the simple but clean look of mint.

I installed mint, but having issues with display drivers. I tried looking for answers and attempted a few steps to try and get it working, with not look.

I have some experience with linux, but I would still be very much considered a newbie.

I understand that the Ryzen 2400G is newer and not really well supported at this time, but if it is possible for it work and you can provide detailed instructions on how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClixTrix

Re: Ryzen 2400G integrated graphics

Post by ClixTrix »

I think your best bet with Mint is to wait for Mint 19 that should be released by end of June.

If you want to test now, I'd try the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release, which is the basis for the coming Mint 19. It comes with the 4.15 kernel, which is at least the minimum kernel level for Raven Ridge support.

Return to “Beginner Questions”