[SOLVED] Panel Pop Ups - How to Disable?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
jackerbes
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Panel Pop Ups - How to Disable?

Post by jackerbes » Thu May 24, 2018 8:24 am

When I move my cursor over some items in the Panel I see a small rectangular label with the name of the app or menu, on other apps that I have minimized I get a much larger square pop up.

I don't want to see the larger pops, just the labels or even nothing at all if it has to be that way.

I can't seem to find a setting for turning off that larger pop up...

Jack
Attachments
pop-up_menus.png
small labels and big pop ups
Last edited by jackerbes on Thu May 24, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mint 18.3 and 19, 64-bit, Cinnamon, Lenovo ThinkPad SL510 laptop, ASUS Z-97 desktop, Samsung S6 Android phone
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, ME, USA

Moem
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Panel Pop Ups - How to Disable?

Post by Moem » Thu May 24, 2018 8:33 am

That preview is a feature of the 'window list' applet. Here's how you turn it off:
- Rightclick on one of the buttons on your panel. The large ones, for programs that are running.
- Click on 'Preferences' in the pop-up menu.
- Choose 'Configure...'
- On the settings window for the 'window list' applet, disable 'show window thumbnails on hover'.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

jackerbes
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jackerbes » Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Worked perfect! Thanks!

I never would have guessed how the name of that setting was what I was looking at...

Jack
Mint 18.3 and 19, 64-bit, Cinnamon, Lenovo ThinkPad SL510 laptop, ASUS Z-97 desktop, Samsung S6 Android phone
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, ME, USA

Moem
Level 17
Level 17

Post by Moem » Fri May 25, 2018 12:50 am

You're welcome, glad I could help.
jackerbes wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm
I never would have guessed how the name of that setting was what I was looking at...
Oh yes, finding out what it's called is often the hardest part.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Newbie Questions”