How to increase login timeout? (Solved)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bara-Bus

How to increase login timeout? (Solved)

Post by Bara-Bus »

How to increase login timeout?
I don't use screensaver as it never works properly. The screen seems to logout out after about 10 minutes. How can I increase to 30 Mins?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GS3
Level 8
Level 8

Re: How to increase login timeout?

Post by GS3 »

I am using Cinnamon. In System Settings > Screensaver > Settings tab > Delay before starting screensaver.

There you can also select to lock the the computer when put to sleep, etc.
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

"...seems to logout..." Exactly correct, it doesn't actually log you out, so you are looking for a timer that doesn't exist.

An inactive Mint locks the screen so you probably want to find something like Control Centre--->Screen Saver--->Lock Screen.

If you don't say which Mint you are using, and which Desktop, you will get guesswork-answers, or no answers.
Bara-Bus

Post by Bara-Bus »

GS3 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 5:18 am I am using Cinnamon. In System Settings > Screensaver > Settings tab > Delay before starting screensaver.

There you can also select to lock the the computer when put to sleep, etc.
Thanks!

Return to “Beginner Questions”