Urgent: Changed CLI, How to reset CLI to 'Other' Profile?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
mccx
Level 1
Level 1

Urgent: Changed CLI, How to reset CLI to 'Other' Profile?

Post by mccx »

:oops: I was making a new profile setting on my terminal CLI/window such that I wanted to open it at a specific location. I made a new profile first to down-size it, And it worked.

Then I added 'geometry' to the profile and set it to default. I added one(1) hyphens instead of two.

-geometry 93x31+100+350 # Does this need TWO hyphens?

* Primary Issue: Now when I open the Terminal window, it opens and closes to quickly to catch and halt. I am not sure how to reset the Profiles back to default once I set it to 'NEW'. Can I change the Profiles via text editor? Where are they located?

In case this is helpful:

Using: -Linux Mint 18.3 with mate-terminal, etc... -Fortunately I still have xterm
acerimusdux
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Urgent: Changed CLI, How to reset CLI to 'Other' Profile?

Post by acerimusdux »

Maybe try CTL-ALT-F1 to get a console, and from there, sign in and run a terminal emulator giving it the location and display like this:

x-terminal-emulator -geometry 42x21+0+0 -display :0

Then you can use the menu to edit the profile from there.

Return to “Newbie Questions”