Problems with creating Video DVDs.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
mpv
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problems with creating Video DVDs.

Post by mpv »

What about QDVDAuthor. Debian packages are here. QDVDAuthor needs also libffmpeg063 and ffmpeg063 packages.
mpv
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mpv »

Another suggestion bombono-dvd in version 1.2.4.
gregoryshock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gregoryshock »

I haven't been back to this thread in a long time. Reason being is I found making Video DVDs on Linux to be too hard for me. With the help of another user I was able to make the one video DVD that I needed to make. After that I have not gone back to making video DVDs.
Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

Can't blame you there. All the software available, even in Windows, is at best kind of crap. I gave up on it even before I started using Linux.

Really, it's a lot of effort using unintuitive software for results that aren't even good these days, esp since most people would use single layer DVD. ANd mpeg2 video is so poor bnby today's standards that you need at least 4.5 Mb/sec video bitrate just to get good quality SD.

Return to “Newbie Questions”