Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia and Xfce

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lovelyrock

Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia and Xfce

Post by lovelyrock »

I installed Mint 18.3 Xfce because Mint Sylvia is not working correctly. Now I have the dual boot option and every time I try to do sudo apt update I get numerous errors due to Sylvia programming errors. How do I remove Mint 18.3 Sylvia from my computer without damaging Xfce?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
briliath
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia and Xfce

Post by briliath »

Not sure. But I'd probably just bite the bullet and download Tara over everything. Support until 2023. Make a USB bootable stick. It will wipe out the old stuff when it installs the new stuff.
lovelyrock

Re: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia and Xfce

Post by lovelyrock »

Thanks for the reply. I'm wiping it all. Even the new installation of Mint bugging out. Time to back up again!!

Return to “Beginner Questions”