How to enable CUDA in Blender Flatpak

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
F3Spirit

How to enable CUDA in Blender Flatpak

Post by F3Spirit »

Hi,
I have another newbie Question.

I can't get CUDA to work in the Blender Flatpak from the Mint 18.3 Software Manager.

I was able to install the none flatpak Blender Verison from the official page via this "tutorial":
https://askubuntu.com/questions/110821/ ... al-website
But Blender didn't show up in the Menue, so I couldn't right-click it to add it to the panel for example.
However, when I started it as a sudo from the folder I could activate CUDA there.

So I already use the native Drivers but totally new to Flatpaks and to install manually from the official page.
But sadly the standard version in the Software Manager is way out of date for productive use now.

So how to get CUDA active in the Flatpak Version is my question
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”